Author: BioCeuticals - Editor
BioCeuticals’ unique vitamin D emulsions, D3 Drops have been granted an exclusive patent after gruelling testing of their two-year shelf life and accurate dosing device.
BioCeuticals Managing Director, Kerry Cunningham said the patent was a testament to many years of hard work to ensure the best quality vitamin D on the market.
“With BioCeuticals supplements, you can rely on precision with all our products,” Ms Cunningham said.
“Our oral liquid emulsion D3 Drops are renowned by health practitioners for delivering accurately measured drop sizes which are dose stable for their entire two-year shelf life.
BioCeuticals Nutritionist, Dietician and Senior Educator, Belinda Reynolds said a recent US report found some vitamin D products contained anywhere from 9 – 140% of the doses listed on the supplement’s label.
The study, published in JAMA Internal Medicine, tested 55 bottles of vitamin D3 from 12 different over-the-counter (OTC) brands.
“While they weren’t dangerous, many contained far too little of the vitamin to effectively treat people with a deficiency,” Ms Reynolds said. “The study shows how important it is to choose high quality, practitioner-only nutritional supplements.”
Ms Reynolds said supplementing with vitamin D was simple with patented BioCeuticals D3 Drops which give a measured liquid dose.
BioCeuticals’ renowned oral vitamin D emulsions, D3 Drops and D3 Drops Forte, have an exclusive, patented formula based on their innovative preservation method.
“D3 Drops are quality tested to ensure they last on your shelf for two years and will deliver the same dose from the time you open it to the time you finish it,” Ms Reynolds said.
“The 1000IU vitamin D3 dose is present to the end of shelf life, and included in this evidence is also microbiology and preservative efficacy.
“All BioCeuticals Liquid Range formulas are subject to ongoing, independent, rigorous stability testing.”
BioCeuticals D3 Drops is currently under clinical trial at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, NSW.
About BioCeuticals D3 Drops
- Stable vitamin D3 liquid emulsion.
- Patented formula.
- Used in ongoing clinical trials.
- Fast and effective absorption – with independent testing.
- Restriction flow cap to reduce risk of incorrect dose and contamination.
- Allows flexible dosing for children and adults.
- Cost-effective and pleasant tasting.
- MJA Open Supplement - Building Health Bones
- Boyages, S. and Bilinski, K. (2012), Seasonal reduction in vitamin D level persists into spring in NSW Australia: implications for monitoring and replacement therapy. Clinical Endocrinology, 77: 515–523. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2012.04398.x
- Hossein-nezhad A, Spira A, Holick MF (2013) Influence of Vitamin D Status and Vitamin D3 Supplementation on Genome Wide Expression of White Blood Cells: A Randomized Double-Blind Clinical Trial. PLoS ONE 8(3): e58725. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0058725