BioCeuticals, a part of the Blackmores family
The BioCeuticals practitioner-only brand is proudly owned by Australia’s largest healthcare company, Blackmores Limited.
On 2 July 2012, Blackmores Limited announced its acquisition of the BioCeuticals brand, which was originally founded by the Hall family in 1993. The BioCeuticals range, brand and strategy are complementary to those of Blackmores. There is strong philosophical alignment between both companies.
Blackmores is committed to preserving the practitioner-only range of nutritional and therapeutic medicine, operating the company as a stand-alone business.
Who is BioCeuticals?
BioCeuticals is Australia’s leading provider of nutritional and therapeutic supplements. Renowned for manufacturing and delivering high quality integrative medicines to healthcare practitioners, BioCeuticals aims to consistently raise the standards of natural-based therapies.
With quality, innovation and integrity as guiding principles, BioCeuticals is at the forefront of ensuring complementary and alternative medicines (CAMs) become an integral part of the Australian allied healthcare industry.
BioCeuticals has a strong commitment to research, functional formulas and reliable practitioner support. Our supplements are recognised by qualified healthcare practitioners as well as patients; a fact that reflects our reputation as a progressive force in integrative health.
Pioneering Our Field
BioCeuticals is the nutraceutical company the Australian industry has been asking for. We challenge boundaries and seek solutions where none appears apparent.
BioCeuticals has achieved countless industry firsts, including:
- First company to put clinically researched, dairy-free LAB4 probiotic blend onto the Australian market.
- First to successfully put Saccharomyces boulardii yeast probiotic onto the Australian market – our SB Floractiv®.
- First complementary medicine company to be accepted by Medicines Australia, in recognition of our ongoing research into novel and integrative medicines.
- First to put a shelf-stable, vitamin D emulsion on the Australian market, with multiple patents pending on the products – D3 Drops and D3 Drops Forte.
- First to successfully put UltraMag® magnesium amino acid chelate onto the Australian market – our best-selling Ultra Muscleze®.
- First to combine probiotics and enzymes in a stable formula, as seen in our unique and convenient blend ProbioZyme®.
- First in Australia to combine antimicrobial lactoferrin, Saccharomyces boulardii yeast probiotic and vitamin A in one convenient formula supporting systemic immunity.
- First nutraceutical company to be accepted onto the NEHTA National Products Catalogue for hospitals, sitting side by side next to hospital pharmaceuticals as equals.
BioCeuticals products are developed by integrative health practitioners for integrative health practitioners – we have the professional expertise to produce products and solutions of the highest quality.
BioCeuticals innovative products have a respected point of difference, accredited to four key elements:
- Effective formulations – Our Scientific Advisory Committee together with the Product Development department formulates unique, efficacious products.
- Compliance – Taste, ease of administration and cost to the consumer are important factors.
- Evidence – Ongoing research ensures that our products deliver what they promise.
- Conscience – Sustainability, safety and quality assurance are key factors in our product development.
BioCeuticals® products are only available in Health Clinics, Health Food Stores and selected Pharmacies, so they always come with quality practitioner advice.
At BioCeuticals, we have a commitment to research, which is evidenced by the success of our past, present and planned clinical trials. Our strong network of relationships within the Australian allied healthcare industry ensures that our work is selected for study by the nation’s most respected researchers.
Some of our research projects include:
- UltraClean EPA/DHA Plus® & CardioNutrients in the Alfred Hospital’s MPM orthopaedic recovery trial, and Integrative Cardiac Wellness Program.
- BioCeuticals® patent-pending D3 liquid emulsion in paediatric vitamin D supplementation trial and Perthes disease trial at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, NSW.
- Supporting local and international research into use of LAB4 and probiotics in IBS, antibiotic-associated diarrhoea, heat stress and effect on immunity.
- UltraClean EPA/DHA Plus® has been selected for use by Princess Alexandra Hospital and the University of Queensland for a study on fish oil, obesity and cardiovascular disease risk.
The goals of BioCeuticals are in accord with the goals of ARONAH (Australian Register of Naturopaths and Herbalists) – to uphold the professionalism and integrity of the CAM industry. BioCeuticals supports ARONAH and its quest to standardise the naturopathy industry from education to practice, achieving greater safety for consumers and further legitimacy among allied health professionals.
Along with our enthusiasm for bringing healthy living to the forefront of our communities, social responsibility is close to our heart. BioCeuticals is committed to being a major sponsor of a number of charities throughout the year, including CanTeen’s Bandanna Day and the Children’s Cancer Institute Australia’s Balmoral Swim for Cancer.
BioCeuticals staff also take the initiative to participate in a number of charity events, while our company website proudly supports various notfor- profit community health causes.
Our company is dedicated to finding solutions, while our team of researchers, and practitioners are passionate about supporting causes that improve the health and wellbeing of Australians.