Clinical Mastery - Rewinding Viral Reactivation ( 2 x 60 minute sessions) - 2022
Session 1 Rewinding reactivation – The curious complexity and interplay of concomitant infections
Some specific infections evade normal immunological tolerance and are unique in their replication, host control, and reactivation potential. The group of viral infections (e.g. CMV and EBV) – specifically within the herpesviridae family - are the most cryptic and unique infections that tend to underpin chronic immune complexities in all systems.
There are more than 130 known herpesviruses and more than 90% of adults are infected with at least one HHSV-1 to HHSV-5 and many strains endemic in humans. The infection is incorporated into the DNA of its host thus changing their health trajectory indefinitely. Numerous sub-groups have been classified and tissue preference of one type is crossing over into other tissue types in surprising ways.
As clinicians we need to evolve our treatment and assessment of these infections beyond usual immune support and address the complexity with holistic, directive, and strategic measures for the health of our patients now and into the future.
Presented by: Leah Hechtman, PhD (Candidate), MSciMed (RHHG), BHSc (Naturopathy), ND, FNHAA
Session 2 Effective treatment strategies for viral reactivation
Naturopathic Educators, Victoria Caswell and Natalie Koshka will translate the research highlights and patient management insights from Session 1: Rewinding reactivation – The curious complexity and interplay of concomitant infections presented by Leah Hechtman into actionable insights that you can effortlessly integrate into your clinical practice.
• Understand the complexity of the herpesviridae family pathologically, clinically, and epidemiologically
• Identify the key strategies for correct diagnosis and assessment of the patient both short term and long term
• Formulate and strategize a sequential treatment plan for active, latent, and reactivated infections
• Understand the interplay between infections and develop structured methodology for supportive treatment
Presented By: Victoria Caswell & Natalie Koshka
ANTA/ATMS/CMA/NHAA – Each session is 1 hour of learning.
* The content of Clinical Mastery is intended to provide high level information for healthcare professionals and may not include all relevant information in relation to medications/drug interactions/product ingredients. Specific and tailored advice is required for each patient.
** Please note that this webinar is only open to Australian healthcare professionals and/or students who meet the BioCeuticals account application requirements.
Presented by, BioCeuticals