Antimicrobial Action with Standardised Berberine
Serving Type: Tablet
Available In Sizes: 60 tablets
Paracea® Forte has been upgraded to include standardised herbal extracts including Chinese wormwood, barberry and ginger with the addition of black walnut, grapefruit and clove. Chinese wormwood is used in traditional Chinese medicine, and black walnut is used traditionally in western herbal medicine (WHM), for the removal of gastrointestinal worms. Barberry is used in traditional WHM as an antimicrobial and to aid digestion, and clove is known for its antimicrobial activity in vitro. Ginger may also aid digestion and assist in the relief of nausea.
- Upgraded formula now contains standardised herbal extract constituents including artemisinin (Chinese wormwood), berberine (barberry), gingerols (ginger), and clove, known for its antimicrobial activity in vitro.
- Formulated to include herbs traditionally used in WHM for the removal of gastrointestinal (GIT) worms, which may contribute to GIT discomfort.
- Ginger is used traditionally in WHM to help relieve gastrointestinal symptoms including poor appetite, nausea, dyspepsia, indigestion, digestive spasms and flatulence.
- Barberry has a tradition of use in WHM as a bitter tonic to help stimulate healthy digestion, and to relieve dyspepsia, diarrhoea, bloating and symptoms associated with microbial overgrowth.
- Berberine and gingerols are broad-spectrum, demonstrating antimicrobial and/or antifungal activity in animal studies and in vitro.
- Chinese wormwood is categorised as an antimalarial in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
- Vegan friendly formula.
- Enteric coated tablet bypasses acidity of the stomach, for targeted intestinal delivery.
|Herbal extracts standardised equiv. to dry:|
|Artemisia annua (Chinese wormwood) herb||750mg|
equiv. to artemisinin
equiv. to thujone
|Berberis vulgaris (barberry) root||750mg|
equiv. to berberine
|Zingiber officinale (ginger) root||500mg|
equiv. to gingerols calculated as gingerol-
|Herbal extracts equiv. to dry:|
|Juglans nigra (black walnut) fruit hull||400mg|
|Citrus x paradisi (grapefruit) fruit||450mg|
equiv. to volatile oil
Adults: Take 1-2 tablets twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- If diarrhoea persists for more than 6 hours in infants under 6 months, 12 hours in children under 3 years, 24 hours in children aged 3-6 years or 48 hours in adults and children over 6 years, seek medical advice.
- Individuals taking anticoagulants should seek medical advice before taking this product.
- Individuals at risk of bleeding problems should seek advice from their health practitioner prior to taking this product.
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Additional Product Materials
Nutritional Support for the Gastrointestinal System
Publish Date: 2001
Publish Date: 2017-10-16