Endometriosis is a chronic condition with pain as the central symptom that persists despite treatment, and often despite improvement in general health and wellbeing. Pain processing, nociception, and underlying pain mechanisms of endometriosis have expanded in recent years.
Our understanding of endometriosis has progressed beyond the bacterial hypothesis, hormonal interplay, hormonal resistance, and suspected immunological drivers of the condition. We now know that there exists a fundamental neurological and neuropathic difference in these individuals. People with endometriosis present with neurocircuitry, emotional processing, and psychology that is uniquely specific.
Ectopic endometriotic implants recruit their own unique neural and vascular supplies through neuro-angiogenesis which influence dorsal root neurons within the central nervous system increasing pain perception. We know that endometrial cells are present in all parts of the human body and in all people regardless of age or gender. Endometriosis cells are likely to be beyond the simplified model of the condition in current perception.
The bridge between neuroplasticity, the endocannabinoid system, inflammation, pain interpretation, neural patterning, and the methodology to repair these pain pathways need to be linked in translatable treatment approaches to support our patients.
In this informative educational presentation, Leah will review this new understanding of endometriosis and outline how we, as clinicians, can evolve our treatment and assessment of this condition beyond current approaches and address the complexity with holistic, directive, and strategic measures for the health of our patients now and into the future.
* The content of Clinical Mastery is intended to provide high level information for healthcare professionals and may not include all relevant information in relation to medications/drug interactions/product ingredients. Specific and tailored advice is required for each patient.
Please note that at this time registrations via our website for this live educational event are only open to Australian healthcare professionals and/or students who meet the BioCeuticals account application requirements.
NZ Practitioners: to register, or for more information please contact your local Practitioner Sales Consultant or email [email protected]. Your interest to register must be received 7 days before the live event.
This event is 1 x 90-min session only
- Understand the complexity of endometriosis as a condition, and the unique features of endometriosis cells immunologically, neurologically, psychologically, vascularly, and clinically.
- Identify the key strategies for neuronal signalling and repair.
- Formulate and strategise a sequential treatment plan with consideration to the neuro-psycho-angio basis of endometriosis.
- Understand the interplay between the relevant systems and develop structured methodology for supportive treatment in patients with endometriosis.
- Identify how to support patients with endometriosis with persistent pain and repair their pain interpretation and pain processing.
CPD points apply. The webinar is classified as 1.5 hours of learning.
BIOCEUTICALS CLINICAL MASTERY EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM – TERMS & CONDITIONS
All people intending to attend the BioCeuticals Clinical Mastery education series must complete a Registration Form. Please read the registration information below before you complete the Registration Form. Should you experience any difficulties please contact our Customer Services team at [email protected].
Terms & Conditions
By booking an event with BioCeuticals, a brand owned by Blackmores Limited (trading as ‘Blackmores’), you accept our standard booking terms and conditions below.
Your completed registration and successful payment will be automatically acknowledged via email with your confirmation and a tax invoice and receipt attached. If your email does not arrive in your inbox, please check your junk mail settings. Your registration will only be confirmed upon full payment of fees.
The preferred payment method is online credit/debit card. Accepted credit/debit cards are Visa and MasterCard. Payments made via Visa and MasterCard will incur a surcharge of 1.1%.
Special Offers and Discounts
Where discounts and special offers apply these are not cumulative and only one offer can be applied to a booking. The price current at the time of booking is the price you will be charged, and we cannot amend, replace, or substitute your booking to take account of any subsequent special offers, discounts or reductions that may be made as part of event marketing. All discounts lapse if invoices are not paid within 30 days of issue date, at which point the full registration fee will be payable.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations can be made up to one week before the event. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing to our Customer Services team at [email protected]. Cancellations less than one week from the event date are subject to full payment. Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation. If you want to change to another course date, we will do our best to accommodate your request, but we reserve the right to refuse changes. It is very rare for Blackmores Limited to cancel an event, but if, due to circumstances beyond our control (COVID, Acts of God, terrorism etc), this is necessary, you will be refunded the registration fee in full.
Code of Conduct
The organisers and hosts of the webinar reserve the right to remove from the webinar at any time any attendee deemed to be causing, or potentially causing, a disturbance or exhibiting disruptive or inappropriate behaviour. Such removal does not constitute a right to refund any fees paid.
Use of Contact Data
We may use contact data supplied when you register to contact you about other educational events suitable to your profession.
Webinar Recordings and Documentation
Clinical Mastery webinar fee entitles you to access to the live event (Clinical Masterclass) and to the recording of the event. Access to the webinar recording will be retained for 24 months from the date of the live event when the registered user, uses their assigned login details.
How do I register for the webinar?
- To attend a live webinar, you have to register for the session by clicking on the Register button on this page. There are four steps to register: (1) Complete the Registration Form, check Ticket, click the Submit Registration button (2) Review your webinar item, click Checkout (3) click the Set Delivery & Make Payment button, check your details are correct, click the Proceed to Payment button (4) click the Select Payment Type and click the Submit My Payment button. You will immediately receive a tax invoice and confirmation email with a unique webinar link.
- Please note that at this time registrations via our website for this live educational event are only open to Australian healthcare professionals and/or students who meet the BioCeuticals account application requirements.
- NZ Practitioners: to register, or for more information please contact your local Practitioner Sales Consultant or email [email protected]. Your interest to register must be received 7 days before the live event.
How can I join the webinar?
- After you make the payment, you will immediately receive a confirmation email from the Demio webinar platform with a unique webinar link.
- You will receive reminder emails 24 hours, 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the webinar start time including your unique webinar link to join.
- If you do not register by cut-off date, you will not be able to join the live webinar.
What are the browser requirements?
- To ensure you have a good experience, please use the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge. For mobile devices, please use the latest version of iOS or Android OS
- To ensure you have a good internet connection and improve your bandwidth, we suggest closing other internet applications
When and how long will be the video recordings available for?
- Recordings of the live webinar will be available on the BioCeuticals website from the following day for 24 months. Go to Education tab > Learning > My Enrolments > and look for the relevant webinar tile
When and where can I get my Certificate of Attendance?
- The Certificate of Attendance will be available for download on the website from the following week. Go to Education tab > Learning > My Enrolments > and look for the relevant webinar tile. The certificate is available on the bottom of the page.
How many Clinical Mastery sessions (webinars) do I gain access to for $20 (incl. GST)?
- The registration fee grants you access to the live Clinical Mastery webinar/event and a recording of the event.
Leah is an experienced and respected clinician and has been in private practice for more than two decades. She specialises in fertility, pregnancy, and reproductive medicine and holds fellowships and memberships with many international organisations. She aims to inter-professionally bridge disciplines and theories with her clinical and research colleagues seeking the most collaborative and holistic outcome for all.
Her thirst for knowledge, love of science and spirituality, and her keen pursuit of understanding and developing medicine, makes her educational presentations relevant, practical, and above all clinically effective.
Roberta is a naturopath with more than 25 years’ experience in the natural medicine industry. She has worked in clinical practice, as a researcher, and as an educator, and has a passion for the science of wellbeing. Roberta particularly enjoys being able to communicate this science through teaching, and has spent many years lecturing on natural medicines at both an under-graduate and post-graduate level. As a Practitioner with 10 years of clinical experience, Roberta also has a sound understanding of the needs of patients and the challenges facing complementary medicine Practitioners today.