Build your confidence, skillset, and toolbox to address this new phase of the modern pandemic.
As the number of patients experiencing post-viral illness increases, so too does the number of patients presenting in our clinics. The cases are complex, variable, multifaceted, and often overwhelming. Clinicians in this post-pandemic era are managing not only long COVID, but also, post-COVID autoimmune activation or worsening of autoimmune symptoms, neuroinflammation and cardiometabolic inflammation, which can seem difficult to unravel.
During this masterclass you will have the opportunity to learn from the wisdom and experience of Carla Wrenn, Naturopath, and founder of the ‘Long COVID Care’ clinic. Carla will share her clinical strategies and therapeutics to support the health and vitality of patients suffering with the wide and variable symptoms associated with post-viral syndromes, particularly complex neuroinflammation and its potential chronic health implications.
Carla will untangle a complex case of long COVID multiple pathology neuroinflammation. You can expect a step-by-step walkthrough of her approach, assessment, and identification of drivers. Importantly she will review how she addressed the primary driver of inflammation, specifically, neuroinflammation, and how her systematic, and considered approach calmed her patient’s “brain on fire” to achieve impactful results.
This masterclass will update you on the key clinically researched and emerging therapeutics for the management of post-viral syndromes including specialised pro-resolving mediators (SPMs), saffron, curcumin, PEA, probiotics, quercetin, and baical skullcap.
The clinical tools and tips you’ll take back to your clinic include:
- A validated long COVID symptom questionnaire and review tool
- How to work up a patient with consideration for differentials
- How to recognise neuroinflammation in post-viral syndromes
* The content of Clinical Mastery is intended to provide high level information for healthcare professionals and may not include all relevant information in relation to medications/drug interactions/product ingredients. Specific and tailored advice is required for each patient.
Please note that at this time registrations via our website for this live educational event are only open to Australian healthcare professionals and/or students who meet the BioCeuticals account application requirements.
NZ Practitioners: to register, or for more information please contact your local Practitioner Sales Consultant or email [email protected]. Your interest to register must be received 7 days before the live event.
This event is 1 x 90-min session only
- Understand the top 10 drivers in post-viral syndromes, and why inflammation must be addressed as a key driver.
- Explore the latest post-pandemic research on post-viral syndromes and the clinical interventions which manage these dynamic and complex conditions.
- Identify the key strategies for correct assessment and diagnosis of post-viral neuroinflammation and cognitive impairment.
- Identify the most effective therapeutics for resolving chronic inflammation to support post-viral syndromes and cognitive impairment.
CPD points apply. The webinar is classified as 1.5 hours of learning.
BIOCEUTICALS CLINICAL MASTERY EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM – TERMS & CONDITIONS
All people intending to attend the BioCeuticals Clinical Mastery education series must complete a Registration Form. Please read the registration information below before you complete the Registration Form. Should you experience any difficulties please contact our Customer Services team at [email protected].
Terms & Conditions
By booking an event with BioCeuticals, a brand owned by Blackmores Limited (trading as ‘Blackmores’), you accept our standard booking terms and conditions below.
Your completed registration and successful payment will be automatically acknowledged via email with your confirmation and a tax invoice and receipt attached. If your email does not arrive in your inbox, please check your junk mail settings. Your registration will only be confirmed upon full payment of fees.
The preferred payment method is online credit/debit card. Accepted credit/debit cards are Visa and MasterCard. Payments made via Visa and MasterCard will incur a surcharge of 1.1%.
Special Offers and Discounts
Where discounts and special offers apply these are not cumulative and only one offer can be applied to a booking. The price current at the time of booking is the price you will be charged, and we cannot amend, replace, or substitute your booking to take account of any subsequent special offers, discounts or reductions that may be made as part of event marketing. All discounts lapse if invoices are not paid within 30 days of issue date, at which point the full registration fee will be payable.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations can be made up to one week before the event. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing to our Customer Services team at [email protected]. Cancellations less than one week from the event date are subject to full payment. Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation. If you want to change to another course date, we will do our best to accommodate your request, but we reserve the right to refuse changes. It is very rare for Blackmores Limited to cancel an event, but if, due to circumstances beyond our control (COVID, Acts of God, terrorism etc), this is necessary, you will be refunded the registration fee in full.
Code of Conduct
The organisers and hosts of the webinar reserve the right to remove from the webinar at any time any attendee deemed to be causing, or potentially causing, a disturbance or exhibiting disruptive or inappropriate behaviour. Such removal does not constitute a right to refund any fees paid.
Use of Contact Data
We may use contact data supplied when you register to contact you about other educational events suitable to your profession.
Webinar Recordings and Documentation
Clinical Mastery webinar fee entitles you to access to the live event (Clinical Masterclass) and to the recording of the event. Access to the webinar recording will be retained for 24 months from the date of the live event when the registered user, uses their assigned login details.
How do I register for the webinar?
- To attend a live webinar, you have to register for the session by clicking on the Register button on this page. There are four steps to register: (1) Complete the Registration Form, check Ticket, click the Submit Registration button (2) Review your webinar item, click Checkout (3) click the Set Delivery & Make Payment button, check your details are correct, click the Proceed to Payment button (4) click the Select Payment Type and click the Submit My Payment button. You will immediately receive a tax invoice and confirmation email with a unique webinar link.
- Please note that at this time registrations via our website for this live educational event are only open to Australian healthcare professionals and/or students who meet the BioCeuticals account application requirements.
- NZ Practitioners: to register, or for more information please contact your local Practitioner Sales Consultant or email [email protected]. Your interest to register must be received 7 days before the live event.
How can I join the webinar?
- After you make the payment, you will immediately receive a confirmation email from the Demio webinar platform with a unique webinar link.
- You will receive reminder emails 24 hours, 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the webinar start time including your unique webinar link to join.
- If you do not register by cut-off date, you will not be able to join the live webinar.
What are the browser requirements?
- To ensure you have a good experience, please use the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge. For mobile devices, please use the latest version of iOS or Android OS
- To ensure you have a good internet connection and improve your bandwidth, we suggest closing other internet applications
When and how long will be the video recordings available for?
- Recordings of the live webinar will be available on the BioCeuticals website from the following day for 24 months. Go to Education tab > Learning > My Enrolments > and look for the relevant webinar tile
When and where can I get my Certificate of Attendance?
- The Certificate of Attendance will be available for download on the website from the following week. Go to Education tab > Learning > My Enrolments > and look for the relevant webinar tile. The certificate is available on the bottom of the page.
How many Clinical Mastery sessions (webinars) do I gain access to for $20 (incl. GST)?
- The registration fee grants you access to the live Clinical Mastery webinar/event and a recording of the event.
Carla Wrenn is an integrative Naturopath and Nutritionist. Completing a Bachelor of Health Science in 2001, she has practised for 21 years.
As a passionate learner Carla also completed postgraduate studies in integrative oncology, autoimmune diseases and functional medicine within Australia and the USA. Carla’s time is spent consulting in complex and chronic diseases, especially Long COVID and oncology support.
Carla is the owner of Peninsula Herbal Dispensary & Naturopathic Clinic, where Carla works with 12 Naturopaths and a support team who love providing acute care, consultations and lifestyle retail offerings to their Mornington Peninsula community and beyond.
Carla is a passionate advocate for all we have to offer as Naturopathic and Complementary Medicine Practitioners. She values industry collaboration and has spent the last 6 years training over 1000 Practitioners in her course Vitae Mosaic – Naturopathic Functional Medicine and more recently in the areas of evidence-based oncology support and Long COVID.
You can learn more about Carla’s clinic Long COVID CARE at www.longcovidcare.co
You can contact Carla and learn more at carlawrenn.com
Roberta is a naturopath with more than 25 years’ experience in the natural medicine industry. She has worked in clinical practice, as a researcher, and as an educator, and has a passion for the science of wellbeing. Roberta particularly enjoys being able to communicate this science through teaching, and has spent many years lecturing on natural medicines at both an under-graduate and post-graduate level. As a Practitioner with 10 years of clinical experience, Roberta also has a sound understanding of the needs of patients and the challenges facing complementary medicine Practitioners today.