Event LocationDate: 17th October 2018
Location: Glasshouse Theatre Olympic Boulevard Olympic Park VIC Australia 3001
Attend any two of our National Seminars (The Genetics of Detoxification, Personalised Medicine for Reproductive Health or Mood and the Gene-Diet-Environment Axis) and the 3rd is FREE.
REGISTER FOR BUNDLE DEAL ON THE GENETICS OF DETOXIFICATION PAGE AND YOUR REGISTRATION WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE TRANSFERRED TO THE FOLLOWING SEMINARS:
- MEDICINE FOR REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
- MOOD AND THE GENE-DIET-ENVIRONMENT AXIS
Registration NOW OPEN
Seminar Dates Tuesday 17 October 2018
2:30pm - 3:00pm Registration and afternoon tea
3:00pm - 4:30pm Session 1
4:30pm - 5:00pm Break
5:00pm - 6:30pm Session 2
6:30pm - 7:00pm Q&A
7:00pm - 8:30pm Buffet dinner
- Recognise inflammation as a contributor to mood disorders and cognitive decline via changes to neurotransmitter availability and an expression of neurotrophic factors.
- Understand the concept of pyroluria, the associated nutritional deficiencies and how they contribute to mood changes and additional health concerns.
- Discover the role of Specific nutrients in neurotransmitter synthesis and metabolism.
- Explore how certain gene variants, often referred to as SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphism) influence depression, anxiety and cognition, as well as neurotransmitter production, including dopamine, serotonin, histamine and GABA.
- Learn how to assess and address genetic vulnerabilities, neurochemical factors, and metabolic abnormalities that may contribute to changes in mood and cognition.
- Examine how the gene, diet, environment axis influences key biochemical pathways associated with normal brain and neurotransmitter function.
- Review the role pathology plays in assessing the true impact of gene variants
Dr Denise Furness is a molecular geneticist, registered nutritionist and registered exercise professional. She conducted her PhD at CSIRO Human Nutrition, before completing a postdoctoral fellowship with the University of Adelaide’s Research Centre for Reproductive Health. Specifically, her research investigated folate nutrigenomics, methylation and DNA damage in relation to pregnancy outcomes. She has published her work in peer reviewed medical journals and regularly presents at national and international conferences. In 2012 Denise shifted from an academic research position to a consulting role at “Your Genes and Nutrition”, helping patients and practitioners understand the role of nutrigenomics and genetic testing in relation to various health outcomes. In particular, Denise is passionate about helping couples achieve optimum health and wellness to improve their chances for natural conception and healthy pregnancy outcomes. In addition, she holds regular educational seminars and workshops discussing the links between our genes and our environment and how these impact on our health throughout all the stages of the life cycle.
Isabelle has been a practicing naturopath for the last 11 years, after being introduced to natural medicine in South Africa, her home country, she moved to Australia to pursue a career in natural medicine. Graduating in 2006 with a Bachelor of Health Science in Naturopathy, she opened a successful naturopathic practice in Brisbane. Her interests lie in both herbal medicine and nutrition and she has worked concurrently for BioCeuticals for over five years.