Event LocationDate: 22nd October 2018
Location: Stamford Plaza Adelaide, Boulevard Room 150 North Terrace ADELAIDE SA Australia 5000
Attend any two of our National Seminars (The Genetics of Detoxification, Personalised Medicine for Reproductive Health or Mood and the Gene-Diet-Environment Axis) and the 3rd is FREE.
REGISTER FOR BUNDLE DEAL ON THE GENETICS OF DETOXIFICATION PAGE AND YOUR REGISTRATION WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE TRANSFERRED TO THE FOLLOWING SEMINARS:
- MEDICINE FOR REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
- MOOD AND THE GENE-DIET-ENVIRONMENT AXIS
Registration NOW OPEN
Seminar Dates Monday 22 October 2018
2:30pm - 3:00pm Registration and afternoon tea
3:00pm - 4:30pm Session 1
4:30pm - 5:00pm Break
5:00pm - 6:30pm Session 2
6:30pm - 7:00pm Q&A
7:00pm - 8:30pm Buffet dinner
- Recognise inflammation as a contributor to mood disorders and cognitive decline via changes to neurotransmitter availability and an expression of neurotrophic factors.
- Understand the concept of pyroluria, the associated nutritional deficiencies and how they contribute to mood changes and additional health concerns.
- Discover the role of Specific nutrients in neurotransmitter synthesis and metabolism.
- Explore how certain gene variants, often referred to as SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphism) influence depression, anxiety and cognition, as well as neurotransmitter production, including dopamine, serotonin, histamine and GABA.
- Learn how to assess and address genetic vulnerabilities, neurochemical factors, and metabolic abnormalities that may contribute to changes in mood and cognition.
- Examine how the gene, diet, environment axis influences key biochemical pathways associated with normal brain and neurotransmitter function.
- Review the role pathology plays in assessing the true impact of gene variants