Event LocationDate: Fri 30 Aug 19 - Fri 30 Aug 19
Location: 700 Harris St, Ultimo NSW 2007 ULTIMO NSW Australia 5000
Holistic Children’s Health
BioCeuticals Seminar Series with Dr Elisa Song
Dr Elisa Song, founded Whole Family Wellness in 2005 with a mission to create a nurturing environment that integrates allopathic and natural medicine customised to each unique child, in order to help children thrive to their fullest potentials. In this seminar, Dr Song draws on her areas of expertise to provide effective integrative treatment strategies for children with complex medical issues, including autism, attention deficit hyperactivity
disorder (ADHD), autoimmune illness, failure to thrive, food allergies/sensitivities, neurological disorders and environmental illness.
All registered attendees will get access to this session recording post event.
Take advantage of our National Seminar Bundle Deals
Register for two of our upcoming National Seminars and the third is FREE. Miss any of the seminars included in our Bundle Deals and you'll have access to our live recorded sessions.
Included National Seminars:
- Pyrroles, Histamine and Methylation with Trudy Scott, Isabelle Baissac and Amie Skilton
- Holistic Children's Health with Dr Elise Song
- The Science of Ketogenesis with Professor Dominic D'Agostino
- PSA - seeking accreditation
- ANTA - 3.5 CPD points
- NHAA - 7 CPD points
- ATMS - 3.5 CPD points
Registration NOW OPEN
Seminar Dates Friday 30 August 2019
2:30pm - 2:50pm Registration
2:50pm - 3:00pm Audience to enter studio
3:00pm - 4:15pm Live recording, Session 1
4:15pm - 4:35pm Afternoon Tea
4:35pm - 4:45pm Audience to enter studio
4:45pm - 6:00pm Live recording, Session 2
6:00pm - 6:15pm Comfort Break
6:15pm - 7:00pm Live recording, Session 3 - Interview with Dr Mark Donahoe
7:00pm Light dinner to be served
A Functional Medicine Approach to Teenage Anxiety
- Understand the unique physiology of the developing teenage brain
- Understand how the gut-brain connection axis underlies teenage anxiety
- Identify the various factors that can harm the developing teenage brain
- Identify the core clinical imbalances that underlie teenage anxiety
- Discuss how to implement a functional medicine approach to optimising teenage brain development and reversing anxiety
- Explain how to address the unique challenges associated with working with teenagers
- Describe how to 'stress-proof' children to prevent teenage anxiety
Discovering Clinical Clues in Pediatric Functional Medicine
- Understand why a functional medicine approach is so important for children
- Explain the elements of an optimal pediatric physical exam and clinical history
- Identify the key physical exam and history findings for the most common childhood nutritinonal deficiencies
- Recognise the different manifestations of food allergies and sensitivities in children
- Understand how children may present with various types of gut dysbiosis
- Discuss the clinical clues that your pediatric patient may have underlying core clinical imbalances, including mitochondrial dysfunction, mast cell dysregulation, detoxification impairment, neuro-endocrine imbalance, and immune dysfunction
- Prioritise appropriate laboratory testing and key supplement, diet and lifestyle modifications for your pediatric patient
- Understand specific applications to common childhood conditions
Elisa Song, MD founded Whole Child Wellness in 2005 (which became Whole Family Wellness in 2013, www.wholefamilywellness.org) with a mission to create a nurturing environment that integrates allopathic and natural medicine customized to each unique child, in order to help children thrive to their fullest potentials. Dr. Song has a special interest in providing integrative care for children with complex medical issues, including autism, ADHD, asthma, autoimmune illness, eczema, failure to thrive, food allergies/sensitivities, reflux, inflammatory bowel disease and other gastrointestinal disorders, seizures and other neurological disorders, and environmental illness.
Dr. Song graduated with distinction in political science from Stanford University, attended NYU School of Medicine and trained in Pediatrics at UCSF Medical Center. She earned a master’s degree in public policy from UC Berkeley. Dr. Song has additional training in functional medicine/holistic nutrition, homeopathy & homeopathic detoxification, acupuncture, herbal medicine, and flower essences. She is board-certified in pediatrics and holistic medicine, and is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Song has been trained in the biomedical approach to autism. Additionally, Dr. Song provides training in integrative pediatric care to pediatric healthcare professionals through the Holistic Pediatric Association, and teaches clinical homeopathy to physicians for the CEDH (Center for Education and Development of Clinical Homeopathy). She also teaches pediatric acupuncture for the Academy of Pain Research, and has lectured on pediatric functional medicine for the Institute for Functional Medicine.
Dr. Song created the Healthy Kids Happy Kids blog (www.healthykidshappykids.com) to bring her experience as a holistic pediatrician and pediatric functional medicine expert to parents everywhere. She is also the host of the Thriving Child Summit (www.thrivingchildsummit.com) – a life-changing online event for parents to learn how to help their children thrive.