Chronic pain is one of the top 5 health concerns affecting women in Australia, with chronic pelvic pain (CCP) estimated to affect between 15-25%. While endometriosis is the most common cause of CCP, accounting for up to 40% of cases, other causes of CPP exist. Regardless of the underlying cause, CPP has a negative impact on the quality of life of affected patients. Women with CPP are also likely to report other health conditions, most notably depression and anxiety but also poorer social and academic engagement and sexual relationships.
Understanding pain processing, nociception, and underlying pain mechanisms that can cause CPP has expanded in recent years, with evidence emerging on the intrinsic role of the nervous, endocrine, and immune systems in this condition.
During this 90-minute masterclass, clinical naturopath Ananda Mahony will present her understanding of CPP from the perspective of the nervous-endocrine-immune ensemble (NEI). This is an overarching supersystem that is linked by a common chemical language comprising of neurotransmitters, peptides, endocannabinoids, cytokines, and hormones. CPP represents an ensemble of interdependent processes within the NEI supersystem that operate to cope with injury.
CPP can result from NEI supersystem dysregulation, this is characterised by unique interactions of genetic, epigenetic, and environmental factors, as well as past experiences. Ananda will show that by viewing CPP through a NEI lens, practitioners can gain a critical understanding of the multidimensional and subjective lived experience of pain. Ananda will share her clinical treatment approaches to chronic pain, outlining 6 key areas to address to achieve significant benefits for patients.
Finally, Ananda will navigate a case of complex CPP in a 42-year-old woman post-hysterectomy with comorbid Irritable Bowel Syndrome and interstitial cystitis. Ananda will take you through her clinical approach, assessment tools, and understanding of this case through the lens of the NEI ensemble, as well as treatment strategies used to address the wider drivers of chronic pain.
The session will be facilitated by our fx Medicine Ambassador and naturopath Lisa Costa Bir, who will support this important conversation with guided questions and include her own clinical experiences navigating CPP with her patients.
The content of Clinical Mastery is intended to provide high level information for healthcare professionals and may not include all relevant information in relation to medications/drug interactions/product ingredients. Specific and tailored advice is required for each patient.
Please note that at this time registrations via our website for this live educational event are only open to Australian healthcare professionals and/or students who meet the BioCeuticals account application requirements.
NZ Practitioners: to register, or for more information please contact your local Practitioner Sales Consultant or email [email protected]. Your interest to register must be received 7 days before the live event.
This event is 1 x 90-min session only-
- Understand the most common causes of chronic pelvic pain and the overlap with other pain conditions and comorbidities.
- Learn the role of visceral cross talk, musculoskeletal issues, and other underlying mechanisms, which contribute to the complexity and impact of pelvic pain in women.
- Address six foundational areas to restore health and wellbeing in patients with CPP.
- Update your view of pain chronicity and symptom severity through a lens of NEI system dysregulation.
- Fine-tune your assessment and management of pelvic pain.
- Apply complementary therapeutic and interdisciplinary approaches for persistent pelvic pain.
CPD points apply. The webinar is classified as 1.5 hours of learning.
BIOCEUTICALS CLINICAL MASTERY EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM – TERMS & CONDITIONS
All people intending to attend the BioCeuticals Clinical Mastery education series must complete a Registration Form. Please read the registration information below before you complete the Registration Form. Should you experience any difficulties please contact our Customer Services team at [email protected].
Terms & Conditions
By booking an event with BioCeuticals, a brand owned by Blackmores Limited (trading as ‘Blackmores’), you accept our standard booking terms and conditions below.
Your completed registration and successful payment will be automatically acknowledged via email with your confirmation and a tax invoice and receipt attached. If your email does not arrive in your inbox, please check your junk mail settings. Your registration will only be confirmed upon full payment of fees.
The preferred payment method is online credit/debit card. Accepted credit/debit cards are Visa and MasterCard. Payments made via Visa and MasterCard will incur a surcharge of 1.1%.
Special Offers and Discounts
Where discounts and special offers apply these are not cumulative and only one offer can be applied to a booking. The price current at the time of booking is the price you will be charged, and we cannot amend, replace, or substitute your booking to take account of any subsequent special offers, discounts or reductions that may be made as part of event marketing. All discounts lapse if invoices are not paid within 30 days of issue date, at which point the full registration fee will be payable.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations can be made up to one week before the event. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing to our Customer Services team at [email protected]. Cancellations less than one week from the event date are subject to full payment. Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation. If you want to change to another course date, we will do our best to accommodate your request, but we reserve the right to refuse changes. It is very rare for Blackmores Limited to cancel an event, but if, due to circumstances beyond our control (COVID, Acts of God, terrorism etc), this is necessary, you will be refunded the registration fee in full.
Code of Conduct
The organisers and hosts of the webinar reserve the right to remove from the webinar at any time any attendee deemed to be causing, or potentially causing, a disturbance or exhibiting disruptive or inappropriate behaviour. Such removal does not constitute a right to refund any fees paid.
Use of Contact Data
We may use contact data supplied when you register to contact you about other educational events suitable to your profession.
Webinar Recordings and Documentation
Clinical Mastery webinar fee entitles you to access to the live event (Clinical Masterclass) and to the recording of the event. Access to the webinar recording will be retained for 24 months from the date of the live event when the registered user, uses their assigned login details.
How do I register for the webinar?
- To attend a live webinar, you have to register for the session by clicking on the Register button on this page. There are four steps to register: (1) Complete the Registration Form, check Ticket, click the Submit Registration button (2) Review your webinar item, click Checkout (3) click the Set Delivery & Make Payment button, check your details are correct, click the Proceed to Payment button (4) click the Select Payment Type and click the Submit My Payment button. You will immediately receive a tax invoice and confirmation email with a unique webinar link.
- Please note that at this time registrations via our website for this live educational event are only open to Australian healthcare professionals and/or students who meet the BioCeuticals account application requirements.
- NZ Practitioners: to register, or for more information please contact your local Practitioner Sales Consultant or email [email protected]. Your interest to register must be received 7 days before the live event.
How can I join the webinar?
- After you make the payment, you will immediately receive a confirmation email from the Demio webinar platform with a unique webinar link.
- You will receive reminder emails 24 hours, 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the webinar start time including your unique webinar link to join.
- If you do not register by cut-off date, you will not be able to join the live webinar.
What are the browser requirements?
- To ensure you have a good experience, please use the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge. For mobile devices, please use the latest version of iOS or Android OS
- To ensure you have a good internet connection and improve your bandwidth, we suggest closing other internet applications
When and how long will be the video recordings available for?
- Recordings of the live webinar will be available on the BioCeuticals website from the following day for 24 months. Go to Education tab > Learning > My Enrolments > and look for the relevant webinar tile
When and where can I get my Certificate of Attendance?
- The Certificate of Attendance will be available for download on the website from the following week. Go to Education tab > Learning > My Enrolments > and look for the relevant webinar tile. The certificate is available on the bottom of the page.
How many Clinical Mastery sessions (webinars) do I gain access to for $20 (incl. GST)?
- The registration fee grants you access to the live Clinical Mastery webinar/event and a recording of the event.
Ananda Mahony is an experienced naturopath and pain educator with a Masters in Pain Management. She has a special interest in helping people who have a wide variety of chronic pain conditions, from rheumatoid arthritis to chronic pelvic pain to digestive pain, or any condition where pain is a predominant feature. As a specialist in this area Ananda has developed programs to help resolve chronic pain and get back her patients back into life.
Lisa Costa-Bir is a practicing naturopath based in Sydney, Australia. She specialises in women’s health and auto-immunity in her clinical work, as well as working as an academic lecturer and clinical supervisor at Torrens University and Endeavour College of Natural Therapies in Sydney. Lisa is a popular fx Medicine Ambassador and podcast host. Her greatest passion is psycho-neuro-immunology and understanding how natural interventions can be used to modulate neuro-endocrine-immune responses for optimal patient heath.
Registration Tickets Cost All ticket prices are inclusive of GST