Location: Unit 1/ Level 1, 85 O'Riordan St ALEXANDRIA NSW Australia 2015
Dr Raymond Schwartz discusses a holistic approach to migraine treatment. He will cover the role of both drugs and complimentary therapies such as nutrients, herbs and lifestyle.
Dr Schwartz has implemented complimentary and lifestyle interventions with his patients often alongside conventional approaches to treatment. This holistic approach has delivered strong results to his patients. Dr Schwartz discusses the growing body of evidence for many complimentary therapies and how to use them successfully in practice.
6:30pm Arrival, registration & light dinner
9:00pm Event concludes
AIMA Meetup & Migraine Masterclass Tuesday 25 September 2018
• Understand the pathology of migraine.
• Recognise the benefits and limitations of conventional pharmacological treatments.
• Appreciate the role of nutritional supplementation and lifestyle modification in the treatment of migraine.
• Understand the evidence supporting nutritional and lifestyle interventions for migraine.
• Identify which patients may benefit from the use of complimentary therapies.
As the visiting medical officer at St George Public and Private Hospital and managing partner of Southern Neurology, Sydney he has extensive experience in neurodegenerative disease (Parkinson’s Disease, Dementia and Stroke), general neurology, neurophysiology and migraine management. He has developed an effective holistic migraine management regime for his patients including a natural therapy. He is a member of the Australasian Association of Neurology, Australian Society for Geriatric Medicine, Stroke Society of Australasia, Movement Disorder Society and the Australian Medical Association (AMA).