Published: Jul 02, 2015
Author: CS b-Bioactive®
1. What is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is a chronic inflammatory illness that affects the joints. It causes cartilage loss, joint inflammation and swelling.
It is normally located in the knees, hips, hands and spinal chord but particularly affects weight-supporting body parts.
2. What are the main recommendations to prevent osteoarthritis and joint conditions?
3. What are osteoarthritis symptoms?
Osteoarthritis causes pain, stiffness (in the morning or after a long period of inactivity), and swelling. In advanced stages joints can be deformed, leading the patient to no longer execute certain movements normally, like walking or going upstairs, for example.
4. Isn't osteoarthritis only a condition of the elderly?
Osteoarthritis is not only an ageing-associated condition. There are several risk factors:
5. Can osteoarthritis be cured?
Osteoarthritis cannot be cured. The existing oral treatments are intended to alleviate symptoms, improve mobility of the joint and slow down the progression of osteoarthritis.
6. What are the main medications for osteoarthritis?