BioCeuticals and NICM embark on joint research trial: scholarship applications now open!
Published: Dec 17, 2015
Author: BioCeuticals - Editor
Australia’s leading provider of practitioner-only nutritional and therapeutic supplements, BioCeuticals, has today announced it is embarking on a research partnership with The National Institute of Complementary Medicine (NICM) at Western Sydney University (WSU), principal global institution for complementary medicine research and policy.
The joint venture will involve a three-year long pilot trial exploring the clinical effect of herbal and nutritional supplements on cognitive function in elderly patients.
A highly motivated doctoral candidate will undertake a PhD with NICM, funded jointly by FIT BioCeuticals P/L and WSU, the applications for which are now open.
ONE DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE
Doctoral candidates will learn relevant clinical trial research skills and develop a specialised understanding about the effect of herbal medicines and nutritional supplements on neurocognitive health.
- 3 Years, full-time
- Tax- free stipend of $30,000 per annum and a funded place in the doctoral degree
- Relocation allowance
- Support for project costs and conference travel, costs associated with research dissemination such as publication and conference presentation.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor (Honours) or Research Masters degree or equivalent qualifications and/ or professional experience
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen.
- Previous interest and experience in herbal and/or nutritional medicine will be highly regarded.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Discuss their eligibility and interests with the proposed supervisory panel:
- For more information on the application process, enrolment, and scholarships contact Graduate Research School on (02) 4736 0966 or click here to email.
- Submit an application form, relevant supporting documents, CV and names and contact information of two referees. The application form can be downloaded from Graduate Research School Project Scholarships
- Ensure they submit ALL required documents. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 8 JANUARY 2016
For more information about the trial, please click here.