IsoWhey Clinical Nutrition Advanced 55+ - Chocolate
Nutritional Support for Healthy Ageing
Serving Type: Oral Powder
Available In Sizes: 400g
IsoWhey Advanced 55+ contains a range of beneficial ingredients to support an active lifestyle.
Key Features and Benefits
- Nutritional snack containing 23 vitamins and minerals.
- High in premium whey protein, containing 19.4g per serve, for muscle maintenance.
- High in fibre with 6g per serve.
- Provides 1.26kCal per mL.
- Contains digestive enzymes for healthy digestion.
- Good source of calcium, magnesium and vitamin D plus mineral cofactors to support bone integrity.
- Contains antioxidant vitamins A, C and E.
- Provides nutrients needed for normal immune function.
- Convenient and effective way to increase protein, energy and nutrition intake.
- In a container that is easily handled and opened.
- Gluten-free and less than 1g of lactose per serve.
- No artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
- Does not contain vitamin K, which interferes with anticoagulant therapy, e.g. warfarin.
- Available in vanilla and chocolate flavours.
Undernutrition, also known as protein energy undernutrition, is common among older Australians, with an estimated 10-44% at risk. Weight-loss in older adults is associated with loss of muscle mass with a risk of adverse outcomes.
Protein requirements for older people are actually approximately 25% higher than for younger adults. The recommended dietary intake for people aged ≥70 years is approximately 1g protein per kg body weight.
Whey protein is rich in the branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) – L-leucine, L-isoleucine and L-valine – which are essential for supporting healthy muscles.
Ageing is typically associated with a loss of bone and declined total body calcium and vitamin D. Calcium, together with vitamin D, prevents negative calcium balance and reduces the rate of bone loss. A diet rich in calcium and vitamin D reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
Clinical trials with daily supplements of these nutrients demonstrate a significant reduction in the rate of age-related bone loss and the incidence of fractures, especially of the hip. In addition to calcium, other minerals including copper, magnesium, manganese and zinc appear to contribute to maintenance of bone density with age.
While ageing on its own may contribute to dysregulation of the immune system, undernutrition seems to be one of the main factors leading to poor immune responses. Protein-energy undernutrition is associated with decreased lymphocyte proliferation, reduced cytokine release and lower antibody response.
Micronutrient deficiencies reported in older people, such as zinc, selenium, iron, copper, vitamins A, C, E and B6 and folate, have important influences on immune functions.
IsoWhey Advanced contains Litesse® - a soluble non-viscous fibre that is well tolerated, less likely to cause the rapid gas production and subsequent gastric discomfort associated with the consumption of certain fibres, and, as a fibre, contributes to a balanced gastrointestinal tract.
BRAIN & EYE HEALTH
Iodine and iron contribute to normal cognitive function. Vitamin A and riboflavin contribute to the maintenance of normal vision.
|Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14)||2.2bnCFU|
|Bifidobacterium lactis (Bi-04)||750mCFU|
|Medium chain triglycerides||500mg|
|Bovine serum albumin||0.2g|
|Amino Acid Profile:|
INGREDIENTS: Whey protein concentrate, Litesse® (polydextrose), whey protein isolate, maltodextrin, cocoa powder, chocolate and cream flavour, lecithin powder, calcium carbonate, medium chain triglycerides, magnesium oxide (heavy), potassium citrate, glutamine, xanthan gum, lutein, enzyme mix, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), Stevia rebudina powder, ferrous fumerate (iron), Lactobacillus acidophilus, chromium picolinate, zinc oxide, d-alpha tocopherol succinate (vitamin E), nicotinamide (vitamin B3), potassium iodide (iodine), manganese sulfate monohydrate, vitamin A, biotin, cupric sulfate pentahydrate (copper), Bifidobacterium lactis, colecalciferol (vitamin D3), folic acid, selenomethionine (selenium), riboflavin (vitamin B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), calcium d-pantothenate (vitamin B5), thiamine hydrochloride (vitamin B1), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12).
^Based on average amounts. *Based on average amount per serve of dry powder. RE = retinol equivalents. **Naturally occurring amino acid from whey protein concentrate.
Adults: Mix 4 heaped tablespoons with 200mL of milk or milk substitute and stir thoroughly to combine.
- High-protein diets increase the body’s need for water. It is recommended to increase your daily water intake with use of IsoWhey Advanced.
- Not to be used as a sole source of nutrition.
- Should be used in conjunction with a balanced diet and appropriate exercise program.
- Not suitable for children under 15 years of age or pregnant and lactating women.
- Should only be used under medical or dietetic supervision.
- Contains polydextrose. Excess consumption may have a laxative effect.
- Contains ingredients derived from milk and soy.