Event LocationDate: 8th October 2018
Location: Le Montage, Gallery Room 38 Frazer Street LILYFIELD NSW Australia 2040
Attend any two of our National Seminars (The Genetics of Detoxification, Personalised Medicine for Reproductive Health or Mood and the Gene-Diet-Environment Axis) and the 3rd is FREE.
REGISTER FOR BUNDLE DEAL ON THE GENETICS OF DETOXIFICATION PAGE AND YOUR REGISTRATION WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE TRANSFERRED TO THE FOLLOWING SEMINARS:
- MEDICINE FOR REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
- MOOD AND THE GENE-DIET-ENVIRONMENT AXIS
Registration NOW OPEN
Seminar Dates Monday 8 October 2018
2:30pm - 3:00pm Registration and afternoon tea
3:00pm - 4:30pm Session 1
4:30pm - 5:00pm Break
5:00pm - 6:30pm Session 2
6:30pm - 7:00pm Q&A
7:00pm - 8:30pm Buffet dinner
- Recognise inflammation as a contributor to mood disorders and cognitive decline via changes to neurotransmitter availability and an expression of neurotrophic factors.
- Understand the concept of pyroluria, the associated nutritional deficiencies and how they contribute to mood changes and additional health concerns.
- Discover the role of Specific nutrients in neurotransmitter synthesis and metabolism.
- Explore how certain gene variants, often referred to as SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphism) influence depression, anxiety and cognition, as well as neurotransmitter production, including dopamine, serotonin, histamine and GABA.
- Learn how to assess and address genetic vulnerabilities, neurochemical factors, and metabolic abnormalities that may contribute to changes in mood and cognition.
- Examine how the gene, diet, environment axis influences key biochemical pathways associated with normal brain and neurotransmitter function.
- Review the role pathology plays in assessing the true impact of gene variants