- Session 1
- Session 2
- Learning Objectives
- Terms & Conditions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Recent evidence-based advancements on increased intestinal permeability
- Increased intestinal permeability classification and sub-groups
- Disease association and risk factors for increased intestinal permeability
- Assessment and identification of increased intestinal permeability in clinical practice
- Integrative treatment of increased intestinal permeability in clinical practice
During this webinar, Brad Leech will share the latest advancements in increased intestinal permeability research, providing practitioners with the most up to date evidence on the assessment and treatment for this gastrointestinal reaction. Brad will redefine the current understanding of increased intestinal permeability in clinical practice based on the latest scientific evidence. Common misconceptions on the so-called “leaky gut syndrome” will be discussed with a clear explanation so practitioners can better navigate the literature and apply evidence-based patient care. A focus will be placed on unravelling the complex and challenging area of assessment and identification of increased intestinal permeability in clinical practice. Brad will share the assessment methods with the highest degree of accuracy along with other suggestive markers that practitioners can use in their clinical practice to identify patients with increased intestinal permeability. Furthermore, a clear description of the assessment methods that should not be used in clinical practice will also be shared. By the end of this presentation, practitioners will leave with an advanced understanding of the clinical assessment and treatment of increased intestinal permeability.
Naturopathic Educator, Leah Baudille, will translate the research highlights and patient management insights from Session 1: Reframing Intestinal Permeability: Latest Research and Clinical Insights presented by Brad Leech into actionable insights that you can effortlessly integrate into your clinical practice.
This live and online 45-minute masterclass will draw on real-life clinical case studies to ensure you return to your clinic with greater confidence in managing patients with increased intestinal permeability. 15 minutes of the session will be dedicated to live Q+A with Leah to help you shape the treatment recommendations into practical management ideas for patients in your clinic.
- Explore the clinical misconceptions associated with increased intestinal permeability,
- Identify the different classification and sub-groups of increased intestinal permeability,
- Explore the disease associations and risk factors for increased intestinal permeability,
- Understand the various testing methods and suggestive markers for increased intestinal permeability,
- Identify evidence-based integrative medicine interventions for the management of increased intestinal permeability.
CPD points apply. Each session is classified as 1 hour of learning.
BIOCEUTICALS CLINICAL MASTERY EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM – TERMS & CONDITIONS
All people intending to attend the BioCeuticals Clinical Mastery education series must complete a Registration Form. Please read the registration information below before you complete the Registration Form. Should you experience any difficulties please contact our Customer Services team at [email protected].
Terms & Conditions
By booking an event with BioCeuticals, a brand owned by Blackmores Limited (trading as ‘Blackmores’), you accept our standard booking terms and conditions below.
Your completed registration and successful payment will be automatically acknowledged via email with your confirmation and a tax invoice and receipt attached. If your email does not arrive in your inbox, please check your junk mail settings. Your registration will only be confirmed upon full payment of fees.
The preferred payment method is online credit/debit card. Accepted credit/debit cards are Visa and MasterCard. Payments made via Visa and MasterCard will incur a surcharge of 1.1%.
Special Offers and Discounts
Where discounts and special offers apply these are not cumulative and only one offer can be applied to a booking. The price current at the time of booking is the price you will be charged, and we cannot amend, replace, or substitute your booking to take account of any subsequent special offers, discounts or reductions that may be made as part of event marketing. All discounts lapse if invoices are not paid within 30 days of issue date, at which point the full registration fee will be payable.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations can be made up to one week before the event. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing to our Customer Services team at [email protected]. Cancellations less than one week from the event date are subject to full payment. Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation. If you want to change to another course date, we will do our best to accommodate your request, but we reserve the right to refuse changes. It is very rare for Blackmores Limited to cancel an event, but if, due to circumstances beyond our control (COVID, Acts of God, terrorism etc), this is necessary, you will be refunded the registration fee in full.
Code of Conduct
The organisers and hosts of the webinar reserve the right to remove from the webinar at any time any attendee deemed to be causing, or potentially causing, a disturbance or exhibiting disruptive or inappropriate behaviour. Such removal does not constitute a right to refund any fees paid.
Use of Contact Data
We may use contact data supplied when you register to contact you about other educational events suitable to your profession.
Webinar Recordings and Documentation
The Clinical Mastery webinar fee entitles you to access to two live events (Clinical Masterclass and Clinical Solutions) offered within the calendar month. You will be automatically registered for both events and receive communication from BioCeuticals about both events. Access to the webinar recordings will be retained for 24 months from the date of livestreaming when the registered user, uses the assigned log in details.
How do I register for the webinar?
- To attend a live webinar, you have to register for the session by clicking on the Register button on this page. There are four steps to register: (1) Complete the Registration Form, check Ticket, click the Submit Registration button (2) Review your webinar item, click Checkout (3) click the Set Delivery & Make Payment button, check your details are correct, click the Proceed to Payment button (4) click the Select Payment Type and click the Submit My Payment button. You will immediately receive a tax invoice and confirmation email with a unique webinar link (applicable for both sessions)
How can I join the webinar?
- After you make the payment, you will immediately receive a confirmation email from the Demio webinar platform with a unique webinar link (applicable for both sessions)
- You will receive reminder emails 24 hours, 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time including your unique webinar link to join
- If you do not register by the cut-off date, you will not be able to join the webinar
What are the browser requirements?
- To ensure you have a good experience, please use the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge. For mobile devices, please use the latest version of iOS or Android OS
- To ensure you have a good internet connection and improve your bandwidth, we suggest closing other internet applications
When and how long will be the video recordings available for?
- Recordings of the live masterclasses will be available on the website from the following week for 24 months. Go to Education tab > Learning > My Enrolments > and look for the relevant webinar tile
When and where can I get my Certificate of Attendance?
- The Certificate of Attendance will be available for download on the website from the following week. Go to Education tab > Learning > My Enrolments > and look for the relevant webinar tile. The certificate is available on the bottom of the page.
How many Clinical Mastery sessions (webinars) do I gain access to for $29 (incl. GST)?
- The registration fee of $29 (incl. GST) grants you access to 2 x live or recorded Clinical Mastery sessions (Clinical Masterclass and Clinical Solutions) within a single calendar month
I have only received 1 webinar link, how do I access the 2 Clinical Mastery sessions (Clinical Masterclass and Clinical Solutions) I have registered for?
- The 1 webinar link gives you access to both Clinical Mastery sessions within a single calendar month. Handy hint: Don’t delete your webinar link email after session 1.
Brad Leech is an internationally recognised Clinical Nutritionist and Ayurvedic Herbalist. After entering the integrative medicine profession in 2008, Brad has taught and developed subjects at leading academic institutions in Integrative Gastroenterology, Naturopathic Medicine, Nutritional and Dietetic Medicine and Public Health Research. Brad is in the final stages of completing his PhD at the Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine, University of Technology Sydney. His research involves developing the IP Guidelines, an evidence-based clinical practice guideline for managing increased intestinal permeability. His previous research has focused on autoimmune disease management, health outcomes associated with food-based probiotics and integrative healthcare management.
Brad is an international presenter, published peer-reviewed author, and the founder of SIP Research, Australia’s only society of intestinal permeability research. In addition to his research, teaching and working with patients, Brad is a mentor. He supports practitioners with his one-on-one mentoring or in his renowned mentoring program, Brad’s Brainiacs (https://bradleech.com/brads-brainiacs-mentor-group). With a case-based learning style, Brad’s Brainiacs is designed to support novice naturopaths, and nutritionists gain the confidence and advanced understanding in functional pathology and integrative disease management to succeed in clinical practice.
Leah is a naturopath with 15 years’ experience in the natural medicines industry. She has worked as a naturopath in both clinical practice and retail settings and is currently an educator and Practitioner Consultant with BioCeuticals. Leah has a specialist interest in gastrointestinal health, autoimmunity, and the inter-relationship between the digestive and immune system. As an experienced clinician, Leah also has a sound understanding of the needs and challenges that Practitioners face today – including the importance of concise, practical information to support Practitioners in their day-to-day work as healthcare professionals supporting patients on their health journey. Leah is a charismatic speaker who enjoys presenting research and evidence in a way that supports Practitioners to guide their patients to better health, allowing them to feel empowered.
Registration Tickets Cost All ticket prices are inclusive of GST