Serving Type: Capsule
Available In Sizes: 60 capsules
Lipoec 400 contains 400mg of alpha-lipoic acid, the only antioxidant soluble in fat and water. As such, alpha-lipoic acid provides extensive antioxidant activity throughout the body; this is further supported by its ability to regenerate other antioxidants including glutathione, coenzyme Q10 and vitamins C and E. Lipoec 400 also provides nutritional support for glucose metabolism.
- A hydrophilic antioxidant that extends functional capacities of other antioxidants, providing extensive antioxidant activity throughout the body.
- A potent antioxidant, involved in the chelation and elimination of metals in the body.
- Provides nutritional support for healthy glucose metabolism.
- Supports healthy mitochondrial function.
- Assists in the maintenance of healthy eyes.
- Lipoec 400 is pharmaceutical grade and contains no hexane or solvents.
IngredientsEach capsule contains:
Adults: Take 1 capsule once to three times daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
 Packer L, Kraemer K, Rimbach G. Molecular aspects of lipoic acid in the prevention of diabetes complications. Nutrition 2001;17(10):888-895.
 Nichols TW Jr. α-Lipoic acid: biological effects and clinical implications. Altern Med Rev 1997;2(3):177-183.
 Alpha-lipoic acid. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database 2014. Viewed 29 May 2014, www.naturaldatabase.com
 Gleiter CH, Schreeb KH, Freudenthaler S, et al. Lack of interaction between thioctic acid, glibenclamide and acarbose. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1999;48(6):819-825.
 Evans JL, Heymann CJ, Goldfine ID, Gavin LA. Pharmacokinetics, tolerability and fructosamine-lowering effect of a novel controlled-release formulation of alpha-lipoic acid. Endocr Pract 2002;8(1):29-35.
 Packer L, Tritschler HJ, Wessel K. Neuroprotection by the metabolic antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid. Free Radic Biol Med 1997;22(1-2):359-378.
 Bloch-Damti A, Bashan N. Proposed mechanisms for the induction of insulin resistance by oxidative stress. Antioxid Redox Signal 2005;7(11-12):1553-1567.
 Evans JL, Maddux BA, Goldfine ID. The molecular basis for oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance. Antiox Redox Signal 2005;7(7-8):1040-1052.
Additional Product Materials
Lipoec 400 Flier
Publish Date:Product information on Lipoec 400.
Nutritional and Herbal Management of Hyperglycaemia
Publish Date: 2001Informative description, investigation and treatment for the nutritional management of hyperglycaemia.
Alpha Lipoic Acid -
Publish Date:Informative description, investigation and treatment for alpha lipoic acid - "The Universal Antioxidant".